Build strong, cohesive teams
- Most of us have been part of fun team outings and team building exercises at some point in our careers. However how effective have they been in bringing about change in team cohesion, and performance levels?
- Too often, managers plan an activity with no real thought or goal in mind. This tends to be a waste of time – and managers risk losing the team’s respect when they plan an exercise that doesn’t actually help those involved.
- Team-building exercises can be a powerful way to unite a group. reseach conducted by The Cameron Klein University of Central Florida studies the impact of four specific team-building components :
- goal setting
- interpersonal relations
- problem solving
- role clarification
on cognitive, affective, process, and performance outcomes. Results (based on 60 correlations) suggest that team building has a positive moderate effect across all team outcomes. In terms of specific outcomes, team building was most strongly related to affective and process outcomes.
- Effective team building establishes a sense of ownership and partnership, allow members to see the team as a unit that is an attractive work arrangement, share collective intelligence & experience a sense of empowerment.
- Our unique highly educational, adventurous, innovative and fun-filled outdoor activities and simulations aim at helping individuals challenge their skills and work together. This helps them align themselves to each other as well as goals therefore creating synergy that enhances performance.